When we think about improving the security of our home and offices the first thing that comes to our mind are CCTV cameras. However, with so many CCTV camera types choosing the right one becomes very difficult. There are a huge range of CCTV cameras to choose from and a dozen manufacturing companies. Every type of CCTV camera setup has its benefits and uses. It could become very difficult to choose the right one according to your needs.
Popular CCTV Cameras:
There are numerous types of CCTV cameras however these nine types listed below are the most popular ones.
- Dome CCTV cameras
- Bullet CCTV cameras
- PTZ (pan Tilt and Zoom) cameras
- Day/Night vision cameras
- Night vision cameras
- IP CCTV cameras
- Wireless CCTV cameras
- High definition CCTV cameras
- C-Mount CCTV cameras
With these many types of cameras, you might be wondering which one is the best for your needs? So, there is nothing to worry about in this article we have tried to summarize the benefits of the best CCTV camera for home and business. With our comprehensive guide, I believe you would be able to make the right decision to safeguard your property and staff.
Dome CCTV Cameras:
The name of the camera perfectly describes the shape and design of the camera. It has a dome-shaped casing which protects the lens of the camera. They might look a bit discreet in appearance but that would not stop them from recording criminal activity. The dome shape of the camera makes it very difficult to determine which side the camera is facing. This creates uncertainty in the minds of potential criminals and they believe it is facing them from all directions.
- The simple design of the camera makes the installation very easy.
- They are perfect for indoor and outdoor surveillance.
- The dome cover makes it difficult to interfere with the lens of the camera.
- 360 degrees rotation of the lens allows you to cover all possible angles.
The Ideal Place to Use:
The sleek design of the camera and the wider angle of the lens makes it the best CCTV camera for shops, restaurants, and hotels. Most people install these cameras inside as they could strategically place these cameras on ceilings to cover all the angles of the room.
Bullet CCTV Cameras:
Bullet CCTV cameras are one of the most popular outdoor CCTV camera types. They are cylindrical and have the iconic design of a CCTV camera which is highly visible. Their capability to observe long distances makes them the ideal choice for an outdoor camera. Moreover, the casing is made water, dust, and dirt resistant to fight the challenging outdoor conditions.
- Their high visibility makes them a discouragement for criminals.
- Could handle tough weather conditions.
- A high range of the camera provides surveillance for long distances.
- The casing of the camera protects it from rain and glare.
The long-range of this security camera makes it the best choice for industries such as manufacturing, storage units, property, and farming. Their prominent design gives the passers-by a warning and with a good picture, it is the best surveillance camera.
PTZ (Pan Tilt and Zoom) Cameras:
The pan-tilt and cameras zoom give you complete control of security. With a single command, you could turn the camera lens left and right, tilt it up and down and zoom in and out at the same time. So, these features of the camera make it the best fit for live security feeds. If you have a security guard who is constantly monitoring the premises it would give him complete control. They would act as his eyes on the field.
- The optical zoom option allows you to focus on individual subjects.
- The Pan and tilt feature of the camera gives you a 360-degree vision.
- Provides high-resolution images so you could distinguish facial feature.
- Gives complete control to the security team so they could react to life situations.
The maneuverability of the camera makes it the best choice for remote viewing. These cameras are very popular in large retail stores and on those business premises where you need to protect a specific valuable object. For example, museums having millions of dollars artifacts have such cameras installed on their premises. Even if you don’t need to remotely control these cameras, they can still cover more area then static cameras.
Day/ Night CCTV Cameras:
These CCTV camera types were made to record videos without worrying about light conditions. The sensitive imaging chips inside these cameras allow it to capture sharp images during both daytime and night time. Video recorded at any time of the day would not have any difference in picture quality and light conditions.
- Clear recording of video even during low light.
- You could record a color video and a black and white video.
- Remain functional despite the glare, direct sunlight, and low light configurations.
- Protective casing of the camera fights every element of the outside environment.
The ability to handle different weather conditions and extra sensitive image makes it perfect for outdoor use. This could certainly be an ideal choice for surveilling the business premises. As the low light conditions do not have any effect on its video so it is best for 24-hours monitoring.
Wireless CCTV Cameras:
These modern wireless cameras are popular for their ease of installation. This certainly makes them a much tidier camera choice for important locations such as churches, museums, and old age homes.
- The easy installation then an average CCTV camera system.
- Very discreet and tidy appearance due to less fitting elements.
- The image created by these cameras could be viewed anywhere with the help of the internet.
- The footage of the camera is a lot more secure than a conventional DVR system.
If you are looking for a tidy security system for your house or office the wireless CCTV cameras are the best choice. It perfectly blends with the atmosphere of the room which makes them hardly noticeable. You get convenient access to the footage through the internet and they need very little maintenance.
Read Also: How to Hack CCTV Camera the Easiest Way?